Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milamber

Aardvark 727s not showing on menu

Anybody else having this problem? I installed the Delta and the IranAseman versions, but they are no-show's on the aircraft selection menu. I checked and triple-checked for all the usual mess-ups in the aircraft.cfg file but all looks okay. First time I've ever been this stumped.John

Guest CargoMun

Their 767-400 doesnt either and its apparently on purpose. It makes loading time of aircraft faster. It can be changed in some way I know but cant remember how something with editing the air file i think.

Guest Joshieca

Read the readme which came with your download...there is a VERY important reason why the aircraft do not show up in the menu's....something that other AI creators have failed to notice since they are so busy putting out quantity, instead of quality. Once the updated FDE's for AIA planes come out, they all will be like that, so get used it. Unless you intend to fly these planes, which is not good because they are made for AI traffic only, changing the FDE's to make them show up in your menu's will alter their flight performace.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/ABT/unicom.html]Listen Live - Win Prizes - UNICOM Info Click Here][/b

Guest CargoMun

I find it kinda annoying, becos it makes it really hard to preview new textures and check if they work and are correct before launching the sim and hang around and planespot.

Guest dfreed

>Read the readme which came with your download...there is a>VERY important reason why the aircraft do not show up in>the menu's....something that other AI creators have failed to>notice since they are so busy putting out quantity,>instead of quality. >>Once the updated FDE's for AIA planes come out, they all will>be like that, so get used it. Unless you intend to fly these>planes, which is not good because they are made for AI traffic>only, changing the FDE's to make them show up in your menu's>will alter their flight performace.>You can make AI aircraft visible on the aircraft selection menu by changing the "aircraft type" in the .air file from 2 to 0. Type 0 aircraft appear on the selection menu and type 2 aircraft do not. It is very useful to be able to select AI aircraft to inspect new repaints and insure that proper installation has occured. It is very easy to change the type from one to the other. Having AI aircraft visible on the menu does cause the selection menu to slow down. It does NOT, however, change the flight performance of the aircraft in any way whatsoever. If you are adding repaints to an AI aircraft, try changing the type designation to type 0 so you can check them out. After you're done, change it back to type 2 so your menu doesn't get bogged down.

Thanks for the helpful, non-lecturing reply. Got myself an .air file editor and now I'm all set.John

Guest Milamber

I wish I could get the Project AI or My Traffic aircraft NOT to show up! :)