Sign in to follow this  
wktjr1

New machine, WOAI installer issues

After sitting on the sidelines for the last several years due to a machine incapable of running FS decently, I'm finally back in the game with a new rig and ready to see what I've been missing. All those files I've been downloading throughout the years will now be put to good use.Anyway, I've been migrating my programs over to my new machine and so far haven't run into any unsolvable issues. I read Opa's post on installing FS9 on a Win 7 machine and also the post on installing scenery the "new way".The only problem that has cropped up is the WOAI installer. It will not recognize the path to FS9. I've tried to manually enter it to no avail.I did a search and couldn't come up with anything, so has anyone else run into this problem?

After sitting on the sidelines for the last several years due to a machine incapable of running FS decently, I'm finally back in the game with a new rig and ready to see what I've been missing. All those files I've been downloading throughout the years will now be put to good use.Anyway, I've been migrating my programs over to my new machine and so far haven't run into any unsolvable issues. I read Opa's post on installing FS9 on a Win 7 machine and also the post on installing scenery the "new way".The only problem that has cropped up is the WOAI installer. It will not recognize the path to FS9. I've tried to manually enter it to no avail.I did a search and couldn't come up with anything, so has anyone else run into this problem?
May I suggest you post your problem on the forums over at World of AI.http://www.world-of-ai.com/Forum/index.phpYou do have to "register" (which is easy and free) to see all of the forums and to be able to post.If you do, be sure to outline where you have installed FS9 and also where you installed the WOAI installer and if you are running the installer "as adminstrator".The guys there are really helpful (as are the guys and gals here also).Good luck - If you get a solution, please post back so others may benefit.

May I suggest you post your problem on the forums over at World of AI.http://www.world-of-ai.com/Forum/index.phpYou do have to "register" (which is easy and free) to see all of the forums and to be able to post.If you do, be sure to outline where you have installed FS9 and also where you installed the WOAI installer and if you are running the installer "as adminstrator".The guys there are really helpful (as are the guys and gals here also).Good luck - If you get a solution, please post back so others may benefit.
Yes, I forgot that you needed to log in to see all the forums. Yep, been out of it for too long.Thanks.

Okay,no magic answer, just my stupidity.The installer works as advertised, my issue is I'm still getting used to the look of Win 7 and relearning things (for FS) that used to be second nature.However, there seems to be a lot of folks who are (or were) having problems so I feel lucky in that respect.