Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

Scenery

I was wondering, I have tried a few sceneries, and they work fine, but except they appear along with the default textures. So it's basically 2 terminals into eachother. Is it that way with all sceneries, or just a few, and some will work? If you have had success with FS2k2 working in FSCOF, please post the scenery. Or, is this a thing where we have to wait for the FSCOF scenery to come out?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The way scenery designers get rid of the existing scenery before replacing it with their own is by creating "exclude" bgl files that render invisible the default buildings, taxiways, etc. that are assigned to a particular layer or layers. The problem you're seeing is probably because of the shifting of the layer ordering in FS2004. You see, each type of object, whether it's a building, road, stream, etc. is on it's own layer in FS. This is a nifty trick, 'cause it allows one layer to sit atop another so we can have things like roads that cross streams or runways that overlay taxiways. In FS2004 however the objects were reassigned to new layers, no doubt because of the introduction of a few new classes of object like autogen bridges and RR tracks. So some excludes don't work quite as intended in FS2004. It's probably not too big a deal for most authors to update their sceneries, so try asking them individually if they'd be interested in doing that. I'm sure a great many of them (myself included) are working on updating their files.Hope that helps a little.thanks,

Ok, thanks I'll try it. Still, if anyone uses a FS2002 scenery in 2004, please let me know.