Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Bridges

Returning to the subject---Try flying from Rockford ,Illinois,When you start(from the main ramp) select the overhead view and take a look at the positioning of the two road bridges over the rivers!!! I'd hate to have to drive over them!Dave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dave.This is Microsoft's first attempt at defining bridges from vector road lines as they cross streams or lakes. Their formula is flawed only because the lake, river, stream and road data are so inacurate.Had they used better data, they would have had better bridge placement ( as well as roads, streams, lakes... )Oddly, MS has much more accurate data available, as they own MapPoint which has very detailed data for North America and Europe. Perhaps the next version of FS will have better vector data.Meanwhile, we await the Terrain SDK to explain the structure of the VTP roads and bridges, as they are quite different than the SDK info we have already received. In the time being, all BGLs named br9*.bgl can be removed or their extensions renamed ( such as br9*.PU ) to remove the smelly autogen bridges entirely.Dick

Thanks Dick- I think I'll remove them- just looks to odd.CheersDave