Sign in to follow this  
gdr

Change Weather RPM drops in any aircraft (prop)

While in flight if I change the weather RPMs drop and aircraft stalls.Do I have something set wrong?gdr1944

Guest joe1994
While in flight if I change the weather RPMs drop and aircraft stalls.Do I have something set wrong?gdr1944
Thats an interesting problem you have. I really dont know one way or the other but I suppose you may be able to adjust the mixture and prop controls and see if you have any luck. Quite honestly though, I really dont think doing something so simple as changing the weather could create that drastic of an effect. Hopefully someone with a bit more expertise could provide some more insight on the issue. Joe

It can change the engine RPM in real life, but I don't think such a drastic change would happen. RPM's are changed when either temperature or pressure are changed because it affects the engine directly via the fuel/air mixture.Try checking how drastic are the changes in temp and pressure, and also fiddle around with the mix control when RPM's start to change.