Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AGP (PCI) Mode

Well I messed things up now.I had FS9 working sweet on my P3-800 so what do I do?Went out and upgraded to a P4-2.4G on an Asus p4s8x-x with 512 DDRI did have the thing working OK for a little while ubtil... God knows what i did, but my BIOS does seem set up right for AGP...Now my FX5200 128 Meg only goes into AGP (PCI) Mode which does not work well for FS9, I get the BLACK screen of death, not even blue.I set the BIOS to select AGP VGA card, to 8X AGP at 128M apartureNOTAany suggestions ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hihave you tried using the LOAD FAILSAFE SETTINGS in you BIOS.try this and see what happens.i use the Athlon 3000+ and a gigabyte Mobo.not saying that the P4 or your Mobo is the problem,its just luck and a bit of fiddling that usually solves most problems.....but a good place to start is with the FAILSAFE settings.once you get it running again then you can start fiddling with the BIOS(1 at a time)so that if you do get a problem you know which one it was.. best wishes steveps.are you sure your card supports 8X AGP??i've got a gigabyte9800pro so not sure about the Fx cards

It was, a lack of AGP drivers, which I had neglected to re-install after an accidental removal....That is not surprising...Now, I cant get my CH pro to work again, but will eventually i supposeAllen