Sign in to follow this  
juvat

Anyone try landing at TFFJ St Barthelemy

I was watching History Channel, Extrreme Airports and just had to open XPlane9 and give it a try. I failed it every time. I used XP9 for this because the runways follow the terrain contour. It was a blast trying it though. I was in the default C172; tried full flaps, near to stall just trying to putter up over the hill before pushing down to hopefully gently touch down.I tried it with FS9 and was successful in the Quest Kodiak amphib passenger variant. Though the scenery was much more appealing visually; I found it much easier because of the flattened runway. It was still fun though and very beautiful. Departed from TNCM Princess Juliana. Good sim times.jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

I was watching History Channel, Extrreme Airports and just had to open XPlane9 and give it a try. I failed it every time. I used XP9 for this because the runways follow the terrain contour. It was a blast trying it though. I was in the default C172; tried full flaps, near to stall just trying to putter up over the hill before pushing down to hopefully gently touch down.I tried it with FS9 and was successful in the Quest Kodiak amphib passenger variant. Though the scenery was much more appealing visually; I found it much easier because of the flattened runway. It was still fun though and very beautiful. Departed from TNCM Princess Juliana. Good sim times.jimb
:( Don't try to land at TFFJ on the default X-Plane 9 scenery ! I would not even try to drive a car on this runway.tncm5_s.jpgI would love to see FlyTampa selling their sceneries for X-Plane... The conversion using FS2XPlane can help you still have to edit the mesh and many objects.A temporary solution is using fixes here:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=do...p;showfile=8699http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=do...p;showfile=9414http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=do...p;showfile=9541Happy flying ! :(

Thank you for the links. I was finally successful in the Lake Renegade. Here's a link to the screen shot. Appologies for the lighting. I think either my ati card isn't up to the task of properly rendering; or maybe its something to do with the sim.Anywhere I fly with XPlane all the aircraft, terrain and objects are dimly lit, even at 1200hrs, summer.t2581507960054147140JhnXAa_th.jpghttp://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/25...054147140JhnXAaAs for FlyTampa scenery. Beautiful scenery. I have to add them to my wish list for a future purchase. I recently bought 3 of the 19m mesh from FSgenesis, and so with my fixed income I have to keep to a tight budget.

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B