Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leonardo

Maximum visible range and textures FS2004

Guest Leonardo

Hello, I've started tinkering a bit with the maximum visible range slider and found out that it creates a very ugly effect with textures, while allowing a much better representation of long range mountains.It is most noticeable at night, I tweaked the FS9.cfg terrain_radius thing and setted "allow extended textures" with "medium water effects" and "Land only" terrain detail though setting both "Land & Water" doesn't change a thing, running on a FX5200 at 1024x768 with DX9.0b and 44.03 NVIDIA drivers.I found out searching this forum that FS2002 had the same issue and it seems so this same problem came to FS2004, has someone found out a workaround or is there no way to correct it?Here's a small screenie that will explain it better than my terrible english! ;) (look especially the ugly water effect)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30976.jpg

Guest Speedbird1

I cannot see any representation anywhere Leo :-lol

Hi, Leonardo your monitor have the wrong setting of brightness, accurate monitor brightness setting, will never seen any texture scenery and water details of this picture you have attached. Reduce your monitor brightness until you don`t see the texture scenery and water.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Leonardo

Perhaps this is a joke or perhaps it is because I'm using an LCD monitor??

Guest Leonardo

>Hi,> Leonardo your monitor have the wrong setting of brightnessAs you said this I tried a bit modifying the monitor settings, just to be sure and I found out no changes, not to my surprise I would say.BUT, the interesting thing is that such glitch is not visible during day flights and I guess is because during the day FS9 calculates the sun reflection on water and the resulting colour matches the default "bright" texture outside the "detailed area".During the night the "detailed area" has no reflection, thus turning to dark water and the outside area still gets the default bright texture, generating such terrible effect.