Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Lights on Antennas

Guest Pepe

This isn't a big deal because I rarely fly the at night but I flew a short VFR flight in the Cub today. Not that the cub has IFR options. I flew in an area where I live so I know where the landmarks are fairly well. Something I noticed was that the red flashing lights on the tops of tall antenna towers are very dim even when flying a few hundred feet above them. The real lights can be seem several miles away on the ground.Anyone know of a way to brighten them up just a bit?The rotating airport beacons, and two white strobes at the end of some (small) runways can be seem for several miles. The two airports I was flying between were about 17 miles apart and the airport light are visible shortly after takeoff.Thanks,Pepe

Guest Kurt

I'm working on that now and should have something ready to upload this weekend.Kurt M

Guest Pepe

Thanks Kurt. I'll keep an eye out for what you come up with.Is it one of the bmp's or in the fx file?Pepe

Well I would rather have the lights at night, and not be able to see them during the day like we can with 2002. I dont miss them that much really. It wouls be nice to have a lot of stuf we may never get :)Hornit