Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

Leaning tower of PIZZA?

It must be in the town of pizza because I can't find it in Pisa. Can someone point me in the right direction?Turnip

Try using the airport/city filters. First select Italy as the country and then select Pisa as the city. You will find it that way. Odd though that if you type in Pisa as the city without any filters it won't find any airports in Pisa. The airport code for Pisa Italy is LIRP. I didn't find the tower though but I didn't look throughly either.

Guest Philip Olson

I'm with you on this, I took a flight from LOWS to LIRP just for the look at the leaning tower but guess what, I could not find it. I even slewed around the area quite a bit and no joy. Maybe some of the changes to this version of FS further destabilized the soil underneath the tower and it fell before FS9 hit the shelves. :-) Seriously if anyone has seen it please let me know.Philip

2002 or 2004? In 2002 just take off from RWY 4 (you can see it from the runway) and head 10-15 degrees. It looks pretty lame, though.I couldn't find it at all in 2004. This shot is from 2002.

I found it in FS2004. Goto LIRP and position yourself at the end of runway 22L. The proceed on or near a heading of 357 degrees. You will find it nestled among the autogen scenery. See screenshot below with coordinates.Todd

Guest Philip Olson

Thanks Todd, I could not imagine why it would have been left out of FS9. It has been many, many years since I have been there in person, I was there the year before they closed it to people going inside and to the top, so I could not really remember where it was in the city. It is nice to know that I can still take some virtual tourists to LIRP to see the tower. Actually this post is going to get me in trouble as that last flight I took to LIRP was for DAS airlines and I did not file a PIREP. Don if you read this I am sorry, the dog ate it. :-) Philip