Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

PAI

Hi all,I installed into fs2004 a PAI American Airline and a Southwest Airline carrier package. Since they haven't yet updated their PAI Installer for 2004, I manually installed the aircraft and flight plans. I ran the new TTools de-compiler and compiler. The flights are in the flightplans.txt folder, the aircraft are in the aircraft.txt folder, but I don't see any aircraft at any major airport on the ground, nor in the sky. Not only are the ones I installed not showing up, neither are the default aircraft.I'm at a loss on this one since I had almost every package from PAI installed in 2k2 and had over-crowded skies.Anyone know where I can look for the problem or am I the problem by installing manually?Thanks,Mike

Hi Mike:This is what I did, and I have lots of traffic.I created two additional traffic.bgl files using the new TTools.One for all the traffic I had in FS2002. I named it Traffic.bglThe second one was for all the AI aircraft in Ultimate Traffic. I named it Traffic2.bglTraffic.030528.bgl was the original FS9 traffic.bgl file which is located in Flight simulator 9SceneryWorldScenery. I left it there, and added the two Traffic.bgl files from above into the same Scenery folder, and now I have lots of traffic. You can have many traffic.bgl files in this folder as long as they are named differently with no problems, and they all create AI traffic with no problems. Hope that helps you.

Hi again Mike:I hope you did not over-ride the original Traffic030528.bgl file when you added the new PAI files for Southwest. To check, right click on this file and check properties. The file should be 13.8MB. If it is much smaller, you will have to get the original Traffic030528.bgl back. Let me know if you need any further help at:czweig@hotmail.com