Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

FS2004 crashed more and more, need advice

Since I have upgraded to a i5-750 and using W7/64 I have more and more problems running fs2004It kicked me out randomly with a black screen, when flying online with VATSIM I can follow ATC for another 10 sec. and after that I recieved the message that FS9 is stopped and want to restart. (It occured not only when FSInn is running)Sometimes I also recieve the OOM message (I thought it was not possible with 4Gb in a 64 bit environment)I have all the updates for W7/64, fs9.exe patched with the >2Gb switch and tried several Nvidia drivers WQHLMSI P55 - i5-750 running at 3,4 - 2x 2 Gb Corsair 1600 Mhz - GTX275 - 750W PSU - 1900x1200Thx

Guest firehawk44
Since I have upgraded to a i5-750 and using W7/64 I have more and more problems running fs2004It kicked me out randomly with a black screen, when flying online with VATSIM I can follow ATC for another 10 sec. and after that I recieved the message that FS9 is stopped and want to restart. (It occured not only when FSInn is running)Sometimes I also recieve the OOM message (I thought it was not possible with 4Gb in a 64 bit environment)I have all the updates for W7/64, fs9.exe patched with the >2Gb switch and tried several Nvidia drivers WQHLMSI P55 - i5-750 running at 3,4 - 2x 2 Gb Corsair 1600 Mhz - GTX275 - 750W PSU - 1900x1200Thx
You need to check the Event Viewer and see what caused the crashes. It does look like you are running out of memory with a black screen and you shouldn't with W7/64 bit installed unless you have all your sliders maxed out. You do not need the >2GB switch with 64 bit systems and I would remove it. If you are overclocked, that could be causing the problem too as o/cing can produce memory and stability issues. FS9 should run great with your system.Best regards,Jim

You need to check the Event Viewer and see what caused the crashes. It does look like you are running out of memory with a black screen and you shouldn't with W7/64 bit installed unless you have all your sliders maxed out. You do not need the >2GB switch with 64 bit systems and I would remove it. If you are overclocked, that could be causing the problem too as o/cing can produce memory and stability issues. FS9 should run great with your system.Best regards,Jim
Well Jim,I have set the PC to it's default position on 2,67 Ghz and the memory on AUTO (1333) removed the >2Gb switch of the fs9.exe by replacing the file with the unpatched backup version and guess what... Direct CTD and OOM errors.missing or damaged files in FSCopilot etc.After repatching the file again with the >2Gb switch it's all working as before. Don't know yet how it will do in a flight but this is really funny in a 64 bits operating system.UPDATE: making a testflight with the Level-d 767 with FsInn activated and after 20 min. of flight, CTD... The event viewer is saying error in G3D.dllIn my former C2D 8500 / 4 Gb machine with Vista 64 I also have had a much higher workload on the sim with more add-ons in the back ground so I don't get it.Thx

Well Jim,I have set the PC to it's default position on 2,67 Ghz and the memory on AUTO (1333) removed the >2Gb switch of the fs9.exe by replacing the file with the unpatched backup version and guess what... Direct CTD and OOM errors.missing or damaged files in FSCopilot etc.After repatching the file again with the >2Gb switch it's all working as before. Don't know yet how it will do in a flight but this is really funny in a 64 bits operating system.UPDATE: making a testflight with the Level-d 767 with FsInn activated and after 20 min. of flight, CTD... The event viewer is saying error in G3D.dllIn my former C2D 8500 / 4 Gb machine with Vista 64 I also have had a much higher workload on the sim with more add-ons in the back ground so I don't get it.Thx
UPDATE: I think I have pinpointed the problem, It's Aerosoft AES I have recently installed. I have found a hugh discussion about the G3D.dll error on there forums and after disabling the AES service, the CTD and OOMS are gone.I hope that Aerosoft have a solution to solve it because it's a beautifull add-on.

Guest firehawk44
Something is definitely wrong with your computer system! I'm now wondering if you had UAC or an anti-virus program turned on when you installed FSX or an addon such as AES (which you mentioned was probably causing the problem in another post). I am really beginning to see that the security in Windows 7 is causing a lot of strange problems with FSX. If you have UAC enabled I would turn the UAC slider way down and reinstall AES. I have had mine off since first installing Windows 7 and have not seen the errors you are getting. But, the G3D.dll error was common in FS9 and I think most people resolved it by completely uninstalling the display drivers (using a driver cleaner and registry cleaner) and then reinstalling them. I can visualize the problem you're having with the G3D.dll error in that, if UAC is turned on to the max and you install AES, AES may be trying to replace the G3d.dll and your computer system (UAC) won't allow it. Aeosoft could have modified the .dll but AES is only "seeing" the FSX default g3d.dll. A lot of people own AES and it's strange not more people are having the g3d.dll crash like you and some others. Hope you can get it resolved.Best regards,Jim

Something is definitely wrong with your computer system! I'm now wondering if you had UAC or an anti-virus program turned on when you installed FSX or an addon such as AES (which you mentioned was probably causing the problem in another post). I am really beginning to see that the security in Windows 7 is causing a lot of strange problems with FSX. If you have UAC enabled I would turn the UAC slider way down and reinstall AES. I have had mine off since first installing Windows 7 and have not seen the errors you are getting. But, the G3D.dll error was common in FS9 and I think most people resolved it by completely uninstalling the display drivers (using a driver cleaner and registry cleaner) and then reinstalling them. I can visualize the problem you're having with the G3D.dll error in that, if UAC is turned on to the max and you install AES, AES may be trying to replace the G3d.dll and your computer system (UAC) won't allow it. Aeosoft could have modified the .dll but AES is only "seeing" the FSX default g3d.dll. A lot of people own AES and it's strange not more people are having the g3d.dll crash like you and some others. Hope you can get it resolved.Best regards,Jim
It's FS2004 and not in FSX and UAC is disabled since the first install of Win7. I also tried AlacrytePc to get more resources and it is in AES for sure, when I stopped it, I can fly around the world without any OOM ot CTD. I know how to cleanup with old driver. I'll put it on the AES forums and shall see.Thx for your input.

It's FS2004 and not in FSX and UAC is disabled since the first install of Win7. I also tried AlacrytePc to get more resources and it is in AES for sure, when I stopped it, I can fly around the world without any OOM ot CTD. I know how to cleanup with old driver. I'll put it on the AES forums and shall see.Thx for your input.
UPDATE:Never recieved a good solution so I have re-installed everything and made a second win7/64 OS bootdrive exclusive for the flightsim.It is crystal clear for me that the combination Aerosoft AES and FSiNN/FSCopilot are causing the problems and responsible for CTD's and 3Ddll errors because in the new configuration they are back again.I solved it to run FSInn/FSCopilot on another pc over the LAN and now the problems are vanished so it is the combination that made a memory conflict I think.Happy landings