Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

Problems with yoke transparency

I finally got around to installing the MAAM DC-3/R4D in FSX. I ran the CD, moved the aircraft files to simobjects, ran the FSX patch and also needed the widows transparency patch. Finally, I installed the yoke removal textures (DCMAAM10.ZIP). However, the yokes are not completely removed. They are invisible below the instrument panel, but where they cross the instrument panel they cast flat gray shadows that obscure instruments just like the yoke.Does anybody know how to fix this and make the yokes truly invisible in FSX?A second minor issue is that the FS select aircraft menu shows only 3 types of DC-3 (cargo, passenger and R4D although a couple of versions of each) but the simobjects/airplane folder shows about 15 MAAM entries including paratroop, Warton etc. However, they do not show up as selectable in the aircraft select window when FS is running. Anybody know what's going on here?Bill

I finally got around to installing the MAAM DC-3/R4D in FSX. I ran the CD, moved the aircraft files to simobjects, ran the FSX patch and also needed the widows transparency patch. Finally, I installed the yoke removal textures (DCMAAM10.ZIP). However, the yokes are not completely removed. They are invisible below the instrument panel, but where they cross the instrument panel they cast flat gray shadows that obscure instruments just like the yoke.Does anybody know how to fix this and make the yokes truly invisible in FSX?A second minor issue is that the FS select aircraft menu shows only 3 types of DC-3 (cargo, passenger and R4D although a couple of versions of each) but the simobjects/airplane folder shows about 15 MAAM entries including paratroop, Warton etc. However, they do not show up as selectable in the aircraft select window when FS is running. Anybody know what's going on here?Bill
I thought the Yoke removal file was written for FS9. Wouldn't this require a work around for FSX? If you check the "Show Variations" box at the bottom of the select aircraft menu it should show all your MAAM entries.I too, have finally installed the MAAM DC-3/R4D in Windows 7 64 bit FSX after many tries. I can only say that it was due to my lack of proper following of directions.It is a fantastic experience! With Scenery at Extremly Dense and Auto Gen at Normal, I get 30 to 50 frames per second. Even the replays are smooth with very little stutter.Bill,Jan and the guys are doing a great job. I look forward to the complete FSX version in the future.Jack Hancock