Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Carenado purchase problems.

Yesterday, I tried to purchase the FS9 update for the Carenado Beechcraft V35 Bonanza.Since my previous purchase from Carenado, I have gone from dialup to high speed cable internet service. Therefore, I have a new email address.I discovered that in order to be recognized by Carenado, my account required my previous email address, which of course now was no longer valid. I went into the account editing option, and everything could be changed except (Yep, you guessed it) my email address, so there was no way I could update it.I then clicked on the link to contact Carenado directly by their email link on their home page. The reply was a fatal error, which I think I figured out. The link put "mailto" in front of the valid address when the "contact us" option was used.I then tried to just open a new account leaving all data the same as my original with the exception of my new email address. The action was said to be completed, and I got an email confirming my new account from Carenado.I proceeded to again make an attempt to purchase the V35 update. This time, when I got to the spot where I would click on "Proceed to checkout" I got a message as follows: "We are sorry, your order could not be processedError. No existe clinte en la base de dates [resomen2.phps (55)]"My only French lessons were about 50 years ago, so I do not speak French, but I am assuming that you have to be on record as previously purchasing the base V35 in order to be able to purchase the update. I am also assuming that useing the newly created account negated me from any previous recognition. In any case, Carenado will not let me do business with them on this item.When I got my confirmation of the new account, I emailed a reply to Carenado explaining the situation, but they have not replied as of yet. Their email address on my confirmation was exactly the same as that on the "contact" link above, but without the preceeding "mailto". I have asked them to simply update my email address in their database, but have no idea whether that will work, or that this is a solution.Thought maybe somebody else had been down this road with a supplier.Anybody have a better interpretation of the situation, been in this fix, and/or know an easy solution?Thanks:RTH

I sent an email to them the other day about a minor issue with the V35 update (and the original V35, which I had to buy to install the update). No response from their team, but many of these teams are one-two man shows and I suppose everyone needs a break from time to time. I also received your error message the first time I tried to purchase the update. I went to my Cookies folder and deleted the Cookie related to Carenado, and was able to complete the purchase. For some reason, it seemed the registration process fouled up the website once it saw the cookie (I can't remember the exact name of the cookie, but the cookie name contains the string "ecommerce"...)Hope this helps. Too bad that you have to go through such frustration.... -John

Thanks John:I just deleted my cookies and tried again. Worked like a charm.Appreciate your help and information.RTH