Sign in to follow this  
smithdavidp

FSX Crashes when Vatsim engaged

I had some problems when I deleted some software from my system. The problem was that the deleted program took out Hawaii and Alaska. I did a fresh install of all software and FSX was back up and running. Problem is that when I connect to Vatsim, using FSInn, it crashes FSX. It happens every time. I can even bring FSInn up and it will cause no problem. But the minute I click the Vatsim box the indicator box lights, the message warning tone plays, the message box comes up and then I get "FSX has a fatal error" and then FSX reboots to the main FSX screen.I know this is probably somthing simple but right now I am brain locked.System: Intel i7 Processor with 8 gig ram. HD4650 video card and an ISDN Cable Modem.Prephs: Saitek flight yoke, rudder pedals, and extra throttle quadrant. Also have Logitech USB Pro headset.Operating System: Windows 7-64 bitFlight Sim Software: FSX3rd party software: Quality Wings 757, Level_D 767, FSInn version 1.7, AcarsAny help will be appericiated.

The answer to this problem lies within the resolution......the screen resolution that is. Changing from 1024 X 768 to 1440 X 900 cured the problem (at least so far). After making this change I made the trip from KDTW to LFPG without a single crash. The answer was supplied, by Larry, at the Vatsim web site.