Sign in to follow this  
Guest hassata

Installed ATI 9800Pro yesterday....JUST GREAT!

Hi all,Just wanted to let you know that I sold my ATI 9700TX yesterday, and replaced it with an ATI 9800PRO last night. WHAT A REVELATION! AA and AF at 8x, sliders to the right in Sim, and "smooth flyin' and stutter free performance enjoyed for about 2 hours before calling it a night.I can't wait to go back to it tonight, and check out some airports. The realism was quite astounding with this card. I can absolutely live without new drivers from ATI, but I would welcome them to make the experience even THAT much better.System: Dell 8250- 2.8gig, 1024RDRAM, ATI 9800PRO (128mg), Audigy 2 THX sound.I defrag regularly with PERFECTDISK (A great defrag program) and run ScanDisk about once a month. A great video card and extra RAM are worth their weight in gold for this simulation. Enjoy FS2004....it's a great program. Stan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As posted in response to Hornit:Nice one. Now download and install Omega's drivers ( http://www.omegacorner.com. Try running with full AA, you won't notice much of a slow down. Also with Omega's drivers, the panel lets you overclock (and installed software lets you test for artifacts). I slowly overclocked (first core, test, then memory, test)until I started seeing stuff in FS9. I have mine set at about 405 Core, 360 memory (but your milegae may vary). And that was the only thing that gave me a solid 3-4 fps boost.