Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bigshot

ATI 9800 issues

Guest Bigshot

I always cycle thru the view sitting on the runway. It's just a part of my takeoff checklist. The views have to load into memory, I guess.With my 9700 Pro, I run everything at 4xAA & 16xAF Performance in 1600x1200x32 res. IL2 runs around 40 with everything maxed except clouds on medium. IL2FB is still in the box in the draw. I gotta quit putting these things in the draw or stop buying em'. No glitches with IL2 except they use some alpha textures on a few shorelines that doesn't look to cool. Go figure. Don't know about IL2FB yet. F1 2002 runs between 30-60 frames with everything maxed except shadows on medium and hud turned off. That's a fun racing sim. No modes for it though. FreespaceII runs extremely well. CFS2 runs great. FS2k4 and FS2k2 run just fine with sliders way up there. I've had no stability issues with any sim/game since I bought the card. Everything works just like it should. FS2k4 menu flickering was the first! I just run in windowed mode for now.