Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FS9: Well I start out with great looking clouds.

Guest PhilM

But after about 5 or 10 minutes the sky almost clears, exceptfor a few puffs here and there.This is with one high layer of Strat and one 5/8 lower Cumulus.I have a max rate of change set.I flew for about 3/4 hours and no more great looking cloudbanks formed again.I have only set up the global weather option, not at each station.I would like to see a lot of variation in the weather as I fly.Different cloud types and conditions.Do I need to DL World weather to experience this.I don't want to DL the live every 15 minutes one though.

You are talking about three different options with weather.One, how do you have the "Rate at which weather changes over time set". This is an integrator that starts with the weather as you have it upon initialization, then integrates clouds, etc. over time. If you start the simulation with one of the themes, and have the rate above NONE, you will see the effects. Try exteme with some of the Major Storms!! Better have a barf bag handly!!!Two, Downloading the real weather (static), downloads the real weather worldwide available at that moment. If you have the rate setting set above NONE, the integrator will change the weather accordingly over time.Three, Downloading the real weather (every 15 minutes), may or may not show any changes depending on whether the weather site has updated it weather for the world. It is usually updated every hour. Again setting the rate above NONE will cause the integrator to change the weather.Your best bet is to try the themes. I noticed several additional weather themes have been uploaded to the library.W. Sieffert