Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

Which graphic card is better, the Nvidia 5200 or the Ati 9800?

I'm going to buy a new computer and I have a choice of graphics cards, either the Nvidia FX 5200 or the ATI 9800, what is the difference between the two? Which one is better? Which one would give me the most FPS in FS2004?Thank you

Guest wathomas777

9800 all the way.Read carefully reviews about the FX5200. I hear that it's performance is pretty poor. It is used in lower end cards, as low as 75 bucks, whereas a 9800 is a high end card.From what I understand the 9800 blows the 5200 out of the water.like comparing a ferrari to a yugo. Yes, they both have 4 wheels, but the similarities end there....

Yeah, it really isnt a fair comparison at all... I have the 5200 and I love it... only problem I have with it is the AA which hopefully will be cured soon... but if you run in windowed mode you'll be all set... I was going to get a 9800 pro but I had to buy a whole new computer and I was just spending so much on it already, I had to negotiate on what I can afford... So, with your title "Which graphic card is better, the Nvidia 5200 or the Ati 9800?"The 9800 wins... only because its unfair to compare the two cards, as said above its like comparing a high speed sports car deluxe version with every thing you can want in it to a basic beetle... or whatever... :-lolIf you have money to spend, go for the 9800 pro :)Jason :-wave

Thanks for the help, thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I spent my money right and don't waste it, the computer I was looking to buy was a Dell 4600 Desktop with 2.6 or 2.8 Ghz with 800Mhz of FSB with HT, 512MB RAM of Memory, 40GB of 80GB. The choices that they have for graphics cards are as I said, the 128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card and the 128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 Graphics Card. So if you had to choose one or the other, with the computer I said above you will choose the Ati Radeon 9800?Thanks again

Guest Lindy

If those were my only two choices, I'd go for the 9800 as well. I've used the 5200 and was not impressed with it. I replaced the 5200 with an FX 5600, 256 mg RAM.... better, but still nothing to write home about. Enjoy your new machine. :-beerchug-Lindy :-wave