Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

Via chipset? Soundblaster? FS9 crashes?

If you have all three you may want to download the PCI latency patch available here http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/It solved all my problems. Basically FS9 won't run without it. Also turn down sound accerlation to standard or basic. Hope this helps someone as it certainly helped me. As usual, set a restore point before installing.Tim

I had those crashes only with FS2004,with FS2002 everything OK,after reading your post above I tried the file and Problem Solved.It

Hamilton Müller

Guest Hugo

Thanks for the link Tim and thanks to the guy that made this patch. I too had problems with multicrashes (sim and/or system). This patch seams to have cured it all. Had taken 256 MB mem out cause I tought the mix with a 512 one was the cause. It helped but I was still having crashes once in a while.With this patch I have the 256 back and haven't crashed since after few hours of use. Keep my finger crossed ;-)Abit kt7A(non-RAID), 1.33 Ghz, 768M pc133, FX52000, Nvidia 4523, Win XT Hugo