Sign in to follow this  

Serious Missing Bridge Fix for 2004

This may have already been discovered and posted, if so, I apologize. I still have FS 2002 on my computer and the bridges in FS 2002 weren't bad, so I figured that I could use them in FS 2004. My problem was I wasn't sure which bgl files to use, so I experimented and used all the Scenery bgl files and the Texture files for the US regions (NE, SE, NC, NW, etc). I made a folder "FS 2002 Scenery" and placed it in the Addon Scenery folder in 2004. In the FS 2002 Scenery folder, I put two more folders, Scenery and Texture. I put all the above mentioned bgl files in the new scenery folder and there were only a few texture files to put in the new folder. I did delete the navaid bgl files, VOR bgl, ils bgl etc. I started up FS 2004, went to the scenery window, added the new FS 2002 scenery folder. After you add the new scenery, you must exit FS 2004 and restart it for the new scenery to take affect. Anyway, it so far has worked. I have checked at the Woodrow Wilson Bridge outside of Wash DC, the San Diego Coronado bridge and the Deleware Memorial Bridge and no real conflicts (except at the Deleware bridge, the 2004 auto gen scenery does put that bridge in, the the other bridge blends into enough for me). As I said, I put in all the bgl files for the 2002 US, but someone might know what specific bgl files contain the bridges, or at least the major bridges and then the other bgl files could be deleted. Anyway, you might try it, not perfect solution, but seems to work, at least better then no bridges for me. Brad Storm

I thought about doing this myself, but decided against it because I couldn't really tell what kind of scenery I would be copying over (all of the bgl filenames have an odd sequence of numbers and letters). If there where some published listing of what all the bgl files where (unlikely) then we could easily bring the FS2004 custom scenery to the standards of FS2002, plus benefit from all of the autogen features.-Derek