Sign in to follow this  
doog79

Running NGX

Just a quick question to the well informed in these forums.Looking at my specs in my signature do you reckon I`ll be able to run 737-NGX on my Laptop? Bearing in mind I can run 747-MD-11 steady 24fps even at busy airports only in 2D cockpit though.Just ordered Satlik Pro Yoke, Pedals and throttle quadrant today to take my simming to the next level.:( Also looking at Core i3-530 overlocked @ 4.0ghz, 4GB G.skill RipJaws DDR3 1600mhz, Gigabyte GA-H55m-UD2 Board, ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB, 460WPSU, Titan Fenrir Performance CPU cooler for my new desktop. Don`t have a huge budget for i7 so any comments on how FSX will run on new system would be gratly appreciated.Thanks GuysDouglas Reid

My youtube channel for HD FSX Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Doogiereid?feature=mhee

Doogie Reid

AerosoftBanner.jpg

Guest wims

I do not know how the NGX will perform when its gets released, but I know one thing. I would never every buy a dual core system in 2010. I'd save up a little bit and go for the i5-760 instead of the i3-530. You'd need a different motherboard than then one you listed tho, but you should be able to get one in the same price range, so the only real difference in price is the cpu itself, unlike if you bought an i7 system, where you'd have to buy an expensive chip, triple channel ram and a really expensive motherboard.

Thanks for the info mate appreciated need to get some more cash together then or go down the finance road and go for an i7 Nail%20Biting.gif just thought I might get away with it. It will be a sim only machine though cheers Douglas ReidEGPH

My youtube channel for HD FSX Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Doogiereid?feature=mhee

Doogie Reid

AerosoftBanner.jpg