Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

Perplexing AI and sunset problems

This has hapenned to me four times this week:I'm flying or taxying around sunset, and just as the sun totally dissapears below the horizon but I am yet getting brilliant colors, the sim decides to reload everything, and sometimes goes back about an hour in time making it full daylight again, and Im not passing anywheres near a time zone delimiter.Also, when I reset the time by an hour giving me back my sunset, the AI decides now to all group together and appear from the same spot in the sky. That is the now famous time when you get a sequence of AI ATC instructions ad infinitum ....add ad nauseum too...they are all grouped together from some point and go there separate ways, in groups of two to seven Ive seen, some going to the same place, but understandably late on schedules.I dont understand why my sim jumps back an hour. Nor why it has to at various times of the day reload scenery oin its own accord. Any setting I have not set?Allen

Guest CapnCol

This happened to me last week. I was flying from the west to the east (Seychelles to Hong Kong) and twice the sim stopped briefly to load up something. This was not a problem in itself, but after seeing a most spectacular sunset the sim jumped back to a point just before sunset again. I am aware of timezones but surely something is not quite right here. Will try it again another day to see if it happens again or was just a "blip".Colin

Guest FS_freak

I would like to bump this thread as this is an issue which has not been dealt with yet (no search results).After sunset the sim suddenly resets itself back to broad daylight.Any clues?Mauricio

Guest FS_freak

Ok it's either one of three things:A) Nobody has experienced the sudden return to broad daylight shortly after dusk and we are just freaks in this forum...or:( This has been answered somewhere else.....orC) We just are not part of the Avsim Forum elite who get their posts answered in giant circular threads that never end while the rest of us are left doomed to our fate.....:-erksMauricio

Guest jetBlue_83

I experienced almost the asme thing once. In my experience, the AI traffic were all grouped together in one spot in the sky and then started heading out to their destinations. WHen I first saww it, I though it might have been fireflys or something! Don't know about the reset to daylight thoug...and byt the way, this happened at an airport in the US; can't remember which though.

Guest FS_freak

Thanks "jetBlue" but the main problem here is the back to daylight issue after dusk. I just found out it also happens when you fly early morning when a while after dawn, the sim suddenly resets itself back to pitch black night. No time zones here either. I use flight time (not system time) and do most of my flying in the southern hemisphere, specifically in Colombia (happened on SKCG-SKBO). Anybody else?

Guest Glenn

Yup, I've had the problem at sunset where it suddenly bumped into night (not near a TZ either). Fifteen minutes later, it reloaded AGAIN and bumped back to my original sunset. The time didn't bump in the sim - it continued as though nothing was happening. I was flying in Canada at the time. I would say this is a bug.Glenn

So far I figure its hapenning 12 % of the time ands only at that time of day so when it does I just rewind the clock and get goin.Allen