Sign in to follow this  

Western Canada Flightsim Conferance???

Vancouver would be great, there are too many mountains to climb over to get from here to Calgary ;).Cheers,Gosta.

Guest mikehaska

Oh, yeah? Well I say we have it in Calgary. You Vancouver guys get it easy enough as it is! :-lol

Vancouver...please! :-shyIf it involves aviation or flight sims I would love to join but what is this conference about? What do you do there? Who is it for?ThanksMike

Have it in Penticton.Half way between Vancouver and Calgary.There. Problem solvedPeteCYYF

Well it is a get together for simmers to meet and share. If possible we can get some developers to show their wares. Have people from VATSIM etc come and demo what they are all about. Put together some great tours, prizes, etc etc etc. Maybe even get a couple of the boys from AVSIM to drop by (hint hint). It's a hobbists convention of sorts. They are quite fun and informative. You also get to put faces to names. We don't see alot of support in Canada for simming and this is a way to help and show our fellow simmers.If AVSIM is willing to show us how to do it, I for one am more then willing to jump in and help get things organized.If anybody in YVR is willing to get involved I am going to be in the Lower mainland on the weekend of July 27th. Email me at dan_cyxc@hotmail.com if you want to meet.As for transpotation I am sure I can put something together from Calgary to Vancouver and stops along the way. I now work for Greyline of Victoria (Greyhound) and can more then likely come up with a deal for a group.Depending on how this thread goes and the email I receive I am willing to dig in and get something going.http://members.shaw.ca/dan_cyxc/sigcard.jpg

Sounds like fun. I am willing to meet up with simmers or developers.I'll e-mail you.Take careMike