Sign in to follow this  
Guest thor10x

Help with "The Blurries"

Guest thor10x

My new Dell Studio XPS 435T i7 920 267 Ghz , Win7 64, 8gb Memory, Video Card ATI RADEON HD 5800 series (1 Mb memory) can' t play FSX sp2 Acceleration???? ... this is what happens ...Most terrain autogen disappears in to a blur a few seconds after I take off. It seems it takes the video card about 60 secods to populate most of what's around the aircraft therefore as I fly everything is a constant blur, no buildings (save from some skyscrapers in big cities), no trees, no nothing. If I pause the game then in about 30 seconds to a minute and half it will render all autogen ... It doesn't matter how slow I fly or how high ... same resultsIt doesn't matter how low or high I have set my scenery option or any other option ... same results I have tried many tweaks I have taken off the internet ... same results ...What is unbelievable is that my slightly older Dell 435 MT, i7 920 267 ghz, with Windows Vista 64, 6Gb Memory and ATI RADEON 4850 (512 mB MEMORY) can run FSX just fine!!What is the difference between the systems? Upgraded to Win7, more memory and a more powerful video card and yet ... can't play FSX sp2 Acceleration!!!!!Please Help if you can.

My new Dell Studio XPS 435T i7 920 267 Ghz ,
There is no way, that must be no more than two hundred :( Giga Hertz, not 267 GhzAre the memory sticks well balanced/placed? I thought it would be either 6 or 12 Gigis, not 6 then 8It could be your videocard that you changed causing the pileup of data not being drawn, maybe a defective card. Can you plug the old one back in to see?Do you use a page file? Virtual RAM?\Was the install of Win7 a upgrade or a fresh install?Did you try to Defrag?

Guest thor10x

>> There is no way, that must be no more than two hundred :( Giga Hertz, not 267 GhzI am reading right out of the System Info both PC say:Intel ® Core ™ i7 CPU 920 @ 267 GhzThis is a brand new PC and I installed FSX on a additional brand new HD installed as drive E. Just in case I uninstalled from drive E and installed FSX in drive C normally and got the same results. Both drive are new and E was empty. Also I re-installed FSX in the older PC with no problem and that drive really needs a defrag.>> Are the memory sticks well balanced/placed? I thought it would be either 6 or 12 Gigis, not 6 then 8System info say 8Gb memory, dunno if memory sticks are well balanced or placed and since it is a new PC it is a factory installed Win 7 and video card driver. I also updated the card software and driver but that did not solve the problem either.

>> There is no way, that must be no more than two hundred :( Giga Hertz, not 267 GhzI am reading right out of the System Info both PC say:Intel ® Core ™ i7 CPU 920 @ 267 Ghz
There has to be a decimal there somewhere?Like 2,67OK so as I understand it you are not a techie, so you don't want to get to much hands on so as not to break anyhting.But do not despair as someone, or me even, will think of something. And your system seems top notch so expect to achieve same shortly.Question 1: do you still have the old videocard around? and if yes do you know how to uninstall/reinstall it?Question 2: As I read it, you only uped your RAM nd change d the videocard after an ??upgrade?? to Win-7, or a fresh install? Cause I see your DELL core is the same. And was it DELL that did the upgrading?AND I suspect your Win-7 added 2Gigs Virtuial RAM and you actually still have 6 G physical which would imnply that a zeroing of the virtual would help...maybeI've also read in another forum that: "... new textures & blurries : this is a function of burst disk read speed - which is therefore also dependent on access times..." Did you install a new Hard Drive or SSD?

Guest thor10x
There has to be a decimal there somewhere?Like 2,67OK so as I understand it you are not a techie, so you don't want to get to much hands on so as not to break anyhting.But do not despair as someone, or me even, will think of something. And your system seems top notch so expect to achieve same shortly.Question 1: do you still have the old videocard around? and if yes do you know how to uninstall/reinstall it?Question 2: As I read it, you only uped your RAM nd change d the videocard after an ??upgrade?? to Win-7, or a fresh install? Cause I see your DELL core is the same. And was it DELL that did the upgrading?AND I suspect your Win-7 added 2Gigs Virtuial RAM and you actually still have 6 G physical which would imnply that a zeroing of the virtual would help...maybe
Yeah U right it is 2.67 Ghz sorry.Basically what I have is 2 PC . One is a new upgrade Dell sent me because I had issues with the prior one which I'm about to ship back.Both system are basically almost the same. Older is a minitower new is a huge tower. Both have the same CPU as indicated earlier they differ as follows:Win Vista 64 ---> Win7 64ATI RADEON 4850 512mb ---> ATI RADEON HD 5800 SERIES 1024 mb 6Mb Nemory ---> 8Mb Memory500 Mb Hd ---> 1 terabyte HDComplete specs should be here:http://support.dell....D=STUDIOXPS435TI did a fresh install of FSX sp2 (Acceleration Pack) in the newer PC in an additional new internal HD I installed (Drive E) and got the problem. I then uninstalled FSX from E:\ and did a fresh install in the default C drive and got the same reults. I then installed FSX on the older PC and it worked fine.I could try to swap cards but as u guessed before, I am far from being a techie and the chance of me screwing this situation up further by doing what u suggested is very real so I would rather do that as the very last resort.I do understand about VIRTUAL RAM vs Phisical RAM but I'm not sure how the new PC is configured and I just assumed it has an additional memory stick of 2Gb ... I know the older PC has 3 Memory Sticks of 2 Gb each.