Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

Major activity in LA, plane crash & LAX shooting, but

Guest Scott Campbell

KTLA, my only direct link to LA through satellite (Dish Network), is not showing ANY of it.I called KTLA and was told that they're "understaffed because of the holiday."Yes, on a major holiday for the US, with terrorist warning high, the last thing you would want in your news department is any staff.Unbelievable. It doesn't matter if these events were organized terrorist attacks or not (and they probably aren't, at least the plane crash isn't). You'd think a superstaion would be staffed on, of all days, the fourth of July.Silly me. So I'll stay with CNN.

So Scott you would work on a holiday waiting all day long for a terrorist attack? While everyone else is having fun??! C'mon man! Enjoy life!

Guest mikehaska

As someone who has worked in a TV studio, I can say that news people not only sit around waiting for a story, they sit around hoping for a story.I can't believe they would be understaffed. I assure you every other newsroom in the country is full.

Guest Scott Campbell

They're a news organization. It's the 4th of July, the most important day in the US. There's a major terrorist threat. YES, I would have my TELEVISION AND NEWS people fully staffed and on full alert, especially if I were a superstation (meaning I am seen all over the world).The fact that there were no terrorist attacks doesn't mean there couldn't have been. Just the fact that some nut case shot people at LAX, not to mention at the El Al counter, is news, and there could have been a lot more incidents. You should have seen all the cops that showed up where I live just for fireworks going off.And if you were reading my post on the 4th, that means I WAS at work.

Guest mikehaska

Well I was at work too.Someone needs to keep the economy rolling ;-)