Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

Gatwick, PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!

After all these years you would think that Microsoft would get the World's Busiest 'single' runway Airport Afcad correct! Although Gatwick has a smaller 'emergency' runway (08L/26R), it is almost never used. 08R and 26L is the prefered and longest runway.I always get Taxi/Takeoff from the shorter 08L/26R runway.As a result it is almost impossible to take off in a fully fueled RFP 747-200 on 08L/26R as it results in a building crash or taking off somewhere in the Sussex countryside! I know that I can use extra Nose-up trim and scare the passengers in the process, but this is hardly 'as real as it gets' ! I am still waiting for gary summon's eagerly awaited London Airports update (due end Sept) so that I can end this nightmare. Still MS did put London right and they have done a pretty good job with London Landmarks. The Dome is even in the right place!PLEASE UPDATE MS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How do you request a different runway instead?I file the MS Flightplan and I am always directed to that runway along with the AI.The ATC does not give an alternative runway in it's menu.Regards Nitram

The option should be available after you've been given taxi clearance, but before you acknowledge it. If for some reason you don't get that option, just taxi past the emergency runway, request take-off clearance, and then go to the 'normal' runway and take off from there...In any case, once the new Afcad is out, I'm sure it will have the option to close down runways.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg