Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Time for a reality check.

Guest wathomas777

>The point remains that the producer of the software does not provide a detailed warning that certain functions (usually in combinations) may not operate properly on systems below a broad level. As I said, I do not expect Microsoft to produce a multi-page matrix of various systems, versus various feartures, at various frame rates. I just wanted to point out that the warning is not sufficient to tell customers that some features may not work well, or at all, when deployed on some systems.So tell me. What functions "fail" specifically.>Ridiculous awards do carry an underlying mesage from society. While they may border on stupid, the message is often much broader. In some cases it is saying that society is fed up with Corporate behaviors.I disagree. The broader message is that we have developed into a victim nation that is unwilling to take minumum responsibility for their own actions. I highly suspect that the need to WARN the public about using a hair dryer in the bathtub is indicitive or a society being fed up with Corporate behavior. I really hope for your sake, that your ongoing arguement about this is simply the case of one playing "devils advocate" for a little healthy debate. Otherwise, I suggest you turn in your PC for an X-Box as computer ownership is obviously too much for you to handle.And while you are out making the exchange, perhaps you can stop by the Ford Dealer, and engage the Salesman on why all of his cars have 140MPH speedometers on them when almost none of the cars he sells will ever be able to go that fast ;-)

Guest tascaso

Again, good points, but really a very dead, moldy and smelly horse. Frankly on my system pushing sliders around does very little at most 1-2 frames in improvement. Yes, slideritis is a problem with FS products plain and simple...I keep track of my time spent on FS and my flight time is way out of proportion with "tweak and upgrade time". As I have said before I have moved away from FS due to time constraints and just the FUN factor is not there anymore. Its more of a perverse addiction of always adding new scenery new aircraft new panels instead of flying somewhere. I do much better with IL-2:Forgotten Battles, where you can fly a couple of missions in about an hour or so and then you can move back to reality.Racing is good to with the EA Sports F1 series as you can shorten the race lengths to fit your time constraints.Best of luck Tony