Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyer522

FSX CTD When Opening Free Flight

Guest flyer522

Hey Guys, FSX has worked well for me for a while now, but tonight I tried to install the new FSPassengersX that I bought and it got bad fast. At first I was not even able to open up FSX, so I have uninstalled everything (and I mean everything) that I have installed to FSX. Yet, still I open FSX and it runs; I can go through everything, but when I open up to go to Free Flight the 3D model of the Trike does not display in the box and then I get a Fatal Error. Any idea what this could be coming from? Any help is much appreciated.~Flyer

Guest firehawk44
Hey Guys, FSX has worked well for me for a while now, but tonight I tried to install the new FSPassengersX that I bought and it got bad fast. At first I was not even able to open up FSX, so I have uninstalled everything (and I mean everything) that I have installed to FSX. Yet, still I open FSX and it runs; I can go through everything, but when I open up to go to Free Flight the 3D model of the Trike does not display in the box and then I get a Fatal Error. Any idea what this could be coming from? Any help is much appreciated.~Flyer
My first suggestion would be to rename or delete the fsx.cfg, restart fsx and let the config rebuild. When you uninstalled "everything", your fsx.cfg probably became corrupted. If that doesn't work, try reinserting your fsx disks and running a repair. Remember to reinstall or repair SP1/SP2 if applicably after repairing fsx.Best regards,Jim

I had that problem once. I uninstalled FSX because a certain piece of software had messed up my system. Come to find out FSX never really fully uninstalled. I even used REVO Uninstaller and there were still bits and pieces of FSX still hanging around. The FSX directory still exsisted under C:\program Files (86)\Microsoft Games and the user files under C:\Users\username\my documents\. I had to manually delete both of these directories.After deleting the directories I ranRegEdit and did a search for FSX. I found over a hundred FSX entries still in the registry. After an hour of deleting the entries from the registry I re-booted my system and then installed FSX. It installed and ran fine after that.Hope this helps.Dave