Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Inccompatable Software

Guest daveg4otu

I've just downloaded from the file library the excellent PC6 Turbo Porter by FlightSim Developers.This is a really nice model but I have one problem.In order for all things to work you have to install in your Modules folder FSSound.dll a FS98/2000 dll that enables some of the guage sounds.This dll is provided in the download with instructions.After putting it in Modules everytime I start FS9 I get a message warning about "potentially incompatable sftware- do I want to continue? " I answer yes and all is fine.Is there any way I can disable this warning notice?Dave

Guest eker

Exactly the same problem on my PC....?

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Yes there is a way to disable it. Open up your FS9.cfg file and then insert this section somewhere, for instance, after the {RWW_WEATHER_MAP} section...{OldModules} <--- Use square brackets instead of curly braces, the forum doesn't allow standard brackets in a postFSSound.dll=1Cheers,Jim

Guest daveg4otu

Yes- I don't see it so much as a problem as an annoyance- having been warned about it once I just don't need it everytime I start up.Dave

Guest Jozef_K

In their forum on the FSD-International site, they say that this Porter is the freeware porter for FS2000. I quote:"The FS 2004 Porter has not been released yet. What you downloaded was the freeware Porter that we did for FS 2000. This aircraft model is not fully compatible with FS 2004, and is not supported for this new version of the simulator.The new Porter should be released sometime in September". (Tim Dickens)Strange, that it is listed in the AVSim file library as an FS2004 aircraft. Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

Guest Oldthaiger

Had the same thing so deleted the porter aircraft folders from fs9, also had this funny little instrument on the left side of the glare shield. Unziped the file again and only installed the two aircraft folders, now everything works fine, no funny little instrument either. I find the ER to be near perfect but the outside views on the parachutist lacks the animations. I had the oldmodules thingy installed from day one so that would not have helped. Super bird, always wanted to fly one as I saw them do things no one would believe in SE Asia. 73sJohn-.- -.-. --... ...- .- Retired

Guest Grey_Wolf

More of the discussion on the FSD fourms follows. It appears no one from FSD uploaded the fs2000 version to AVSIM or claimed it was 2004 compatible. I wonder who really uploaded it and why.."Sorry about my confusion Tim, only it was posted by Avsim under Original FS2004 Aircraft!Many thanks,""Really? Not by us.Aircraft constructed with FSDS for FS 2000 are just not going to work right in FS 2004. End of story. So you can pretty much apply that rule to just about everything made during that era of the sim.It really should be removed from that portion of their library."

Guest daveg4otu

Thanks Jim - I've tried that but the message still appears now just asking if I'd like to load the"incompatable software".Ah well - I guess I can live with it (or uninstall the Porter )CheersDave

Guest Jozef_K

The decription in the file library says that the Porter is an FS2004 Original Aircraft by Flightsim Developers (FSD). When FSD did not upload it, who else did? I think one of the library managers should jump in here.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

I was curious about this, I saw the file and saw that is stated that the prop would not show, now I know FSD would NOT upload something of this low quality. It was state of the art in FS2000, but not even close in FS9, can't believe that this file is still available. Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW