Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest matty65

probs with vista

hi everyone new to this forum.have been using avsim for ages didn't realise it had a forum. dumb eh....!!!plus all the many other addon sites on the web.since changing to windows vista {mistake}have had a few issues with my add ons especially the ones i have down loaded. i would like to know for all the love and money i can't get world of ai to work even though i have the fs2004 up date and dotnet fix2.0 downloaded. it comes up with an error every time.the other thing which is puzzling me is when i add wing views to planes and go to save them in note book it won't save themall help appreciated. if these subjects have already been covered then i apologise nowcheers matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've used FS9 in Vista for the last few years with great success. Don't know specifically the cause of the problems you mentioned, but here's a few tips:- Turn off UAC and DEP in Vista; many problems arise from authorization issues.- Install FS9 to a separate folder outside of the "Program Files" folder.- Download and use nHancer to tweak your Nvidia card; anti-aliasing can be a problem without it in Vista.- Run FS9 in WinXP mode with Desktop Composition disabled (right click on FS9 icon to edit properties).Vista can be tweaked to turn off much of the performance-degrading sludge that MS included; several good guides exist on the Web.Good luck!

cheers for your help on that. will give it all a gojust a question not relating to any of this, was after watching your video clip of the posky 7378 at portland with wing view(superb by the way).how do you get the camera to act is if you were sat in it with a video camera.

I think you've confused me with someone else, as I've never uploaded any videos. I think the utility you mentioned is Active Camera by the sound of it.