Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

How to change virtual cockpit zoom factor to .75 for all aircraft?

Guest Jim Strenk

I would like to have all aircraft installed on my machine to have .75X zoom factor, rather than the default 1X. I'm using FS2004 (FS9).How do I go about changing from the default value of 1 to .75X so that all aircraft have .75X as its default value?

Guest Milton

To my knowledge, the only thing you can adjust is the 2D zoom factor. This is done in the panel.cfg in the View section for each window.Since in FS9, the default increment is .25, I set my aircraft up to default to .75. This affects the 2D views but with a VC mode, the VC views from the 2D mode carry the same zoom factor.However, when you flip to VC mode, it reverts to 1.00 for 3D mode.One hit of the minus key then synchs the two views.VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.75Milton

Guest JonP01

It depends whether you want it on the 2D cockpits, virtual cockpits, or both. Assuming both, for the virtual cockpit, you just need to save a default flight with a 0.75 zoom, and you are done. Otherwise, just save any flight with that zoom level and once you open that flight, the zoom remains at 0.75 until you load another flight with a different zoom level. If you want to hard code your position in the virtual cockpit (which I strongly recommend), you can do this by adjusting the eyepoint parameters in the individual aircraft.cfg files. These settings are unique to each aircraft and take effect regardless of whether you have a saved flight for the aircraft or not.With 2D cockpits, you need to add various the various VIEW....DIR_ZOOM=0.75 statements to the panel.cfg file under the "VIEW" stanza. I've noticed many panel.cfg files in FS9 don't have the "VIEW" stanza, so you have to add one in (down the bottom of the file is fine).I'm not at my machine at the moment to cut and paste the exact lines you need, but you'll want a line for every direction you can look in. If someone else hasn't pasted them in by the time I get home, you can get them all from the FS2000 Panels SDK (the syntax is the same for FS2002 and FS9).

In panel.cfg files put this (where I have 0.5 put 0.75)[Views]VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.0,0.0,0.0VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=30,80,115VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=33,85,115VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_DOWN_DIR=-30.0,0.0,30.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 45VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 90VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 135VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_REAR_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 180VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 225VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_LEFT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 270VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.5VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 315VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.5Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440