Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Ye olde multiple monitors problem in FS9. Yes folks, a ...

Guest GrouchoMarxist

Well, I've tried pretty much everything besides getting new hardware. All the work arounds and so on. No joy. The moment I switch back to full screen on my main monitor, all the undocked bits and pieces fly back onto that screen as well. And yes, I have tried yellowjack's routine, but it doesn't work for me.I really don't think it's too unreasonable for me to expect that something that worked so nicely in FS2K2 should work in FS9. I'm not talking about some pie-in-the-sky concept on the edge of the impossible, but merely something that was there and functional one iteration back.For those who have gotten used to flying with multiple screens, going back to the one screen config feels like reverting to dial up after being on cable. It's a completely retrograde experience.Please, please, please Microsoft, do something about this. I know it's almost become a statement of creed for some people that FS should never, ever be patched, but I don't really see why. This is a big issue, and this sim is at the moment severely crippled.Who's with me?

Guest nramsey

I'm with you. I haven't found an easy to to get my panels to line up on the second monitor without going through a big hastle of going full screen, undocking, moving, them, then going out of full screen and hoping they don't go back to the main monitor (sometimes they do, sometimes not...but they are ALWAYS moved around all wonky). I've now gotten used to using the panel hotkeys (shift 1 thru 5 etc) to bring up the accesory panels when I need them and find it doesn't hurt my experience much with the default planes at least.I DO hope they can get it back to how it was in FS2002...worked GREAT there. But it's not enough of an issue to me to sour me on the whole sim.Nate

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

GM, I'm with you all the way. This is an irritation in an otherwise splendid program that I greatly enjoy. One item that I've posted and will repeat here. If you give FSNav a try, you will find that it's MAP/FMS/PLAN window stays put on the second monitor. How FSNav managed to accomplish this when all other FS2004 child windows cause this great irritation is a mystery to me.So I join you in your plea. Please! oh Please you masters of simulated flight at the great virtual airbase in Redmond, please fix this one!I can't believe I am saying this but I would be actually willing to PAY for an update! Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Guest lbb

"I can't believe I am saying this but I would be actually willing to PAY for an update!"No worries, you will. It's called FS2006 :-)Leo BakkerPS. Sorry, couldn't resist. However, I'm all with you guys, I have said in a few other threads that I feel terribly let down by FS on this issue.

Guest GrouchoMarxist

"I can't believe I am saying this but I would be actually willing to PAY for an update!"No worries, you will. It's called FS2006 :-)Damn, I hope not.Multi-monitor is too sweet to give up or wait two hole YEARS to come back. :-(Please, please, please MS. Patch this!I'll tattoo the logo on my forehead if you do!

Guest ozhero

Yes its a TOTAL disgrace they BROKE it and then have the hide to say they have enhanced it.What a joke !Please put it back the way it was Microsoft.