Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Lancair causing FS problem screen

Guest Ken Meier

When trying to shut down FS 2004 or changing planes from the Lancair I am getting the send, don't send screen. Are others getting this as well and could it be do to the texture problem that Bob is working on.This is an awesome plane, Thanks to all for creating it.K

Guest racartron

I have the Legacy installed (with the fix) and don't have the problem. I've been switching back and forth this afternoon with several new installs and have not seen this issue.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest Fly1

First off, thanks guys for trying the Legacy!!Seems there are a few people that are having system problems while using the Legacy. One thing to be aware of is the first version is for FS2002, therefore when tried in FS2004 there may be problems with the compass and GPS. Below is a copy of a fix I sent to a user via e-mail for this. Secondly, there could be a possible problem with the airspeed gauge on certain computers/operating systems. The gauge was created with Easy Gauge. It has worked fine on my rig for 3 months, and appears to be working fine on the majority of the downloads. A second fix memo is noted below.------------------------------------------------------------If using the Legacy 2000 in FS2004 (at your own risk)If you are familiar with the FS file layout, you could revise the panel.cfg regarding the compass and gps. Copy the info below over the current compass and GPS info. The <> should be replaced with the squared brackets.For the Compass: //Replace <> with Brackets - See previous windowfile=compass.bmpsize_mm=70position=2visible=0ident=COMPASS_PANELgauge00=Magnetic_Compass!Magnetic-Compass,0,0---------------------------------------------------------------For the GPS: //Replace <> with BracketsBackground_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 0.400, 0.400window_pos= 0.590, 0.590gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,0---------------------------------------------------------------For the Airspeed IndicatorThere are two lines in the Panel.cfg that can be changed. One for the 2D, and second in the Virtual section. Due to the higher speed of the Legacy, I had a problem using a default FS gauge, hence the attempt at a custom unit.FS2002 Pro has two somewhat usable gauges from the Kingair and theExtra-300. The Kingair is a 300 knot unit, but is not as clean an install due to the mounting screws. The Extra is only 240 knot.Open the Panel.cfg file.2D Panel [Window00]: Look for the gauge 15 line per below.gauge15="Legacy1ASI!Legacy1ASI", 239,199,140,137Just replace the "Legacy1ASI!LegacyASI" portion only with either "Kingair!Airspeed", or "Extra-300!Airspeed".Virtual Panel [Vcockpit01]:gauge00=Legacy1ASI!Legacy1ASI, 0,0,126,126Again replace as noted above.You may possibly have another gauge within your FS gauge folder that could work. Most current gauge files are listed such as Kingair.gau orExtra-300.gau. Various individual gauges are contained within these files.Individual gauge files may be listed as cessna_182.airspeed.gau. As long asyou only change the name of the gauge, and not the other four numbers itshould be placed appropriately.----------------------------------------------------------I am sorry anyone may be having problems, as I have been there my self with downloads over the years and know the frustration. I will research options regarding the airspeed gauge. This may hold up the FS9 release pending a resolution.Thanks again!!Bob C.

I was having the same problem. After some experimentation, I discovered that there is something wrong with the panel that is included with the plane. My solution was to aliase another panel to the plane. That solved the problem for me, until there is a fix. By the way I'm using Windows XP Professional with the plane installed into FS9. It could also be that because the plane is an FS2002 Model, some FS2002 panels do not work with FS9. I hope this helps.Robert

Guest Fly1

Hey Robert,I am wondering if it is XP related. I have been using the panel with the above noted compass and GPS changes (and original airspeed gauge) in FS9 since it came out with no hang-ups at all. My os is 98SE with a TI 4600+ graphics card.I will be checking into it.Thanks for the comment.Bob C.