Sign in to follow this  
Leland_Anderson

MD-11X paint problems

I did a repaint on MD-11X and when I viewed it in FSX from certain angles there is a transparent green stripe on the top of the fuselage. Anyone have any ideas where I went wrong? Pulling what hair I have left out.

supporter.jpg

Leland Anderson MD11X-747400X-JS41

PPL,MEL,SES,IR

Hi Leland, I really can't see it in the photo you provided. Great repaint by the way!If you see lines in photoshop they are green guides and can be turned off and on in the View menu and do not save in your actual image, but if you're seeing things in the finished paint but not in the .psd then this post might answer your question:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/276381-iron-maiden-livery/page__view__findpost__p__1720447Edit: Strange but my post looks like it was cut off in the link above. Hopefully it will still help or at least see if it may be related to your issue. Basically, if your not seeing it in the psd but you are seeing it in the sim, try looking at the actual finished dds file. It should show up there also. If not, it may be an alpha issue but I somehow doubt it.Look at the psd file names in Photoshop and look at the end of the names. If the psd file names end in "RGB/8#" then that is whay you want, if it ends in "RGB/8*" then it is the issue I described above and you will also see the line when dragging the saved dds file in PS.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 2080ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I figured ouy why the green stripe was there. I used DXT.BMP to save the files to dds textures instead of downloading files from nvidia. I downloaded files and everything works great. And many thanks to Dan for the great tutorial.

supporter.jpg

Leland Anderson MD11X-747400X-JS41

PPL,MEL,SES,IR