Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

CPU upgrade question

And we're back! Looking pretty good for my upgrade. Maybe even make the order today. Still planning on going from my E6700/4GB DDR2 to an i3/4GB DDR3, plus the MB of course.A stupid question if I may: If I change the CPU and MB, do I have to reload everything from scratch? I'm guessing my machine gets wiped clean but I just want to make sure.Also, if I may ask yet again, is there really any difference between the i3 530 and the i3 560 as far as FSX is concerned?Thanks again for all the help. :Peace:
Nope everything is the hardrive, keep it and it will be like you never upgraded.

Nope everything is the hardrive, keep it and it will be like you never upgraded.
I'm sorry, I must be a particular colour of stupid today, but you are saying that if I do not re-install the OS and everything else, the HD will think I am still using my old hardware?

What is your OS in that installation? if it's W7 I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. I changed from AM3 to 1156 with no problems

I'm using Win7 64-bit.I suppose I'll start backing things up anyway. Can't go wrong with that.

I'm using Win7 64-bit.I suppose I'll start backing things up anyway. Can't go wrong with that.
No not your old harware but all your programs and etc will still be untouched