Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsim09

747-400 Engine 1 throttle problem

Guest fsim09

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum. I have read quite a few topics here and am glad that the replies are very helpful and not to mention the people too are very helpful indeed which is why I would like to post my problem here which I am facing with the 747-400.I use different addon liveries which i downloaded from the PMDG website for airlines. The problem I am facing is that for some odd reason the engine 1 throttle only works whereas the other 3 engines throttle does not respond when I use the F3 key or the F2 key to increse/decrease throttle, whereas, if i use the throttle control via the mouse then the response is ok.I would be very grateful if anyone of you would be able to help me out on this issue as I am facing a lot of difficulties especially during taxi and landing where I have to use the rev for all 4 engines.Thanks AlotCheers

Native to FS is a useless keyboard shortcut - E If E is pressed it selects the Engine (on a single engine aircraft) or Engine #1 on a muti engine aircraft...once E is pressed there is no way back & the user has to restart FS to get control back over all the engines.Solution - go into the FS menu, find the keyboard shortcuts & delete the E assigment forever!PS real names are required here as per the forum rules.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

There's absolutely no need to restart FS if you pressed the E-key. The purpose of the E key is to select one or more of your engines. So if you press E and directly after that press 2 for example, you select engine number 2. So to regain control of all of your engines again, simply press E, directly followed by 1, 2, 3 and 4.:(

If you have a registered version of FSUIPC you may assign a hot key to synch the throttles.

Guest fsim09

Thank You everyone for your reply I highly appreciate that. I will try disabling the E key right now and let you know about the results but the problem is that this situation does not happen whenever I use the original 747-400 in the PMDG livery. Its just that the nag always arises whenever I am using an airplane belonging to a specific airline. Anyway ill try and let you guys know for sure. Thanks a lot for your help.CheersP.S. My name is Shaikh Eman Ahmed and I am an enthusiast of airplanes and general aviation. I belong from Pakistan.P.S. I have the registered FSUIPC v 3.98 installed and I have tried to sync throttle with prop mix as well but to no avail.