Sign in to follow this  
golfman8

Problems w/ Windows 7

Getting this problem on every flight. Can anyone help?Thanks in advance.Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 10/14/2010 11:56:12 AMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Bromwell-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643ee0aFaulting module name: Ckpsound.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3eb140e0Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00001725Faulting process id: 0x7f8Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6bb76b14c25bFaulting application path: I:\Program Files\fsx.exeFaulting module path: I:\Program Files\Ckpsound.dllReport Id: 90e2ebc2-d7ab-11df-bcb0-6cf0499be71eEvent Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-14T15:56:12.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>7136</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Bromwell-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61355.0</Data> <Data>4643ee0a</Data> <Data>Ckpsound.dll</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>3eb140e0</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>00001725</Data> <Data>7f8</Data> <Data>01cb6bb76b14c25b</Data> <Data>I:\Program Files\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>I:\Program Files\Ckpsound.dll</Data> <Data>90e2ebc2-d7ab-11df-bcb0-6cf0499be71e</Data> </EventData></Event>

jahman, thank you, but unfortunatly that did not solve my problem. I deleted the Ckpsound.dll files in both FS9 and FSX but all that did was delete the error message. It did not solve my problem. Now when I try and activate the autopilot or change any thing on my FD, I get an automatic restart of the program.Thanks,golfman8

The CTD post-crash analysis indicates the I:\Program Files\Ckpsound.dll module is causing the crash. A Google search for "cpksound.dll" seems to indicate the file is a virus.Cheers,- jahman.

Just discovered that this is only happening with the planes that I added to FSX. The original ones are working fine. Help anyone?

Guest jahman
Just discovered that this is only happening with the planes that I added to FSX. The original ones are working fine. Help anyone?
A file required by one of your aircraft might have gone AWOL. Try uninstaling/reinstalling all your add-on aircraft.If that doesn't work, again uninstall your add-on aircraft and reinstall one by one checking FSX still tuns OK until you find the culprit (if there is one...).Sorry I can't offer anything more specific.Cheers,- jahman.

Guest firehawk44
jahman, thank you, but unfortunatly that did not solve my problem. I deleted the Ckpsound.dll files in both FS9 and FSX but all that did was delete the error message. It did not solve my problem. Now when I try and activate the autopilot or change any thing on my FD, I get an automatic restart of the program.Thanks,golfman8
Try doing a FSX repair. Insert your FSX disk and select repair. After running the program, make sure you run SP1 and/or SP2/Acceleration and select repair before starting FSX. I think we need to know whether you have a crash when you activate the AP or change anything on the FD on every aircraft, including the default aircraft. If it's happening on all the aircraft and not just the one you were flying when the crash occurred, then it's more than likely some type of corruption with FSX. If it's just one addon aircraft, simply uninstall/reinstall it. The Ckpsound.dll files came from some type of addon you have on your system as the file is not on my system. Did you also scan your system for malware? Running a anti-malware program after deleting the ckpsound.dll solved the problem found in that forum. I have also seen issues in the past where FSX would crash when touching the panel. It turned out to be a bad installation of the video card drivers. Another potential fix is to rename or delete the FSX.cfg, start up FSX and let the config rebuild. That has solved a majority of the problems. Hope one of these suggestions helps!Best regards,Jim