Sign in to follow this  

A question of ethics.

Ok, Heaven knows the last thing we need to bring up around here is a copyright question. I just need to know.If a person does a skin for a model that is out there and uploads it, is that a copyright infringement? Not loading any of the models other files JUST textures that they alone have made to fit a particular aircraft, and nothing else.Just curious as to views on this one.http://members.shaw.ca/dan_cyxc/sigcard.jpg

If you are doing a repaint of someone else's work, you need their permission to do so or their EULA needs to clearly state that you can. To repaint and DISTRIBUTE without permission ain't kewl.

You can also get away with it i think if you give them recognition that it is their work that you have modifyed or edited in any way. But just to be safe ask for premission. Good Luck

I wondered how fast you would jump on this one Tom.:-lolJust kidding. Anyways, I was not about to try and pull a fast one. I would not even consider doing such a thing without an original authors permission.Just curious as to how some folks would veiw this point. My brain started to wander and out it came.:-beerchughttp://members.shaw.ca/dan_cyxc/sigcard.jpg