Sign in to follow this  

any-one from Seattle?

Hi,I live in Belgium and August 18th I will be the whole day in Seattle.I was planning to attend the baseball match mariners vs.yankees but everything was sold out.Does anybody from that area knows something similar to do in Seatlle for a family of 4.maybe some museums,stuff like that.things any tourist has to do?appreciate any infoSebastian

Guest TIngalls

Sebastian,I recently had similar plans. Was across from Germany in Seattle from July 6th through the 21st and planned on hitting the Mariners-Twins game on the 7th.With the game sold out, we started looking for alternates...and found tickets to the game on EBay for (more or less) face value.In addition, you should have luck finding 4 tickets the day of the game from the scalpers. Here also most times at ticket face value.Should the game be truely no longer an option, I'd suggest the Pacific Science Center and "The Experience" at the Seattle Center. From International District station, take the bus through the tunnel to Westlake Center...and then the Monorail to the Center. Lots to do out there...but the Science Center is real cool for kids... and "The Experience" rock!Cheers,-Todd [table][tr][td]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td]Todd IngallsMember of [link:members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Team Fight Against Cancer!][/td][/tr][/table.----BEGIN FS CODE BLOCK----G:EDDM(DE) a R- FS+(--) F++ P U++ X C+ H+>++ O+ V-- A+(++) SP?>+++-----END FS CODE BLOCK-----

thanks for the info man,I'll see if I can find some tickets on e-bay,but what exactly are scalpers?you mean just to go in the neighbourhood of the stadium and finding some-one who has some tickets left?if no tickets possible,I'll take your suggestion about the science center and the experiencethanks for the help!Sebastian

I live in Seattle. :)Alot of people sell tickets outside Safeco Field (or "The Safe" as it's called here), but at somewhat elevated prices. Other stuff to do would be anything in Seattle Center (Pacific Science Center, Space Needle, etc.), you could go to Boeing Field, Museum of Flight, or to the various resturaunts downtown like Old Spaghetti Factory or eat in the Space Needle (pricy). There's alot of downtown stuff like Pike Place Market. The weather's been great here, hope you have fun! :)

ok tahnks for the info.there were some nuts sellign 4 tickets that have an avtualk value of $25 for more than $300,it's really hard to find someI'll take your suggestions into accountbyeSebastian