Sign in to follow this  
ega

Frustrated!

Guest JEH

Hi Folks: Not sure what to do next. After more than a month of flying FS9 with increasing success thanks in no small part to the tweaks and suggestions here at AVSIM, I now have a dilemma I don't know how to solve. FS9 crashes Windows. It can happen anytime after the first 10 minutes of operation or so. It often happens if I go to a pull down window (for example: I just tried to file an in route IFR change). Windows crashes and reboots. I suspected 3rd party aircraft so I removed all. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the FS9 program but still have the problem.Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for next?Thanks in advance.John

John,Look at your Windows Task Manager (at the desktop hit CTRL+ALT+DEL) and watch the page file usage. I am having problems with FS9 crashes due to a continuous increase on this page file size (beyond 1.6 GB!) that makes FS9 to crash. Check it out and report back please!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest JEH

Edmundo: Is the page file count under the performance tab and listed as paged at the bottom? If so I wouln't know what was normal. I havn't looked at it yet with FS9 running but will now.Thanks,John

Guest JEH

Thanks Ancient One. I downloaded driver 6.13.10.2081 from the Nvdia site after purchasing my card about a week after getting FS9. Never had any trouble with them. Where would I get these other drivers, and how would I know which ones would work with my setup? Sorry I'm not a whiz at the tech. aspects.Best,John

John,See attached sreenshot. Typically you may have 200-300 MB of page file usage.Please check it out!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo