Sign in to follow this  

Why Can't We Get Help From Our Own?

It is sort of surprising to me with the number of real world pilots who participate in AVSIM that we have such a lack of decent 2D interior views for most of the airplane in FS2002 and other sims including the default aircraft. The Baron, the Caravan, and the Boeing 747 are three that come immediately to mind. I'm not talking about panels, I am talking about the other views - the pilot-perspective views at 45 degree increments around the interior that are seldom available in places like airliners.net and similar "cockpit" photography spots. Most 3rd party panel providers manage to provide very decent panels but few include the other views. Those that do often cobble together views from a variety of sources where it is obvious the different views came from different airplanes or even from different types of airplanes. I suspect the reason is that most panel makers don't have access to a real aircraft and that's completely understandable. Which brings me to my initial point. There are people here who do have access to these airplanes and some might even be inclined to take along a digital camera and snap a few pictures in an organized fashion if there were a central, recognized accumulation point for such pictures. How about it? The problem is not even limited to FS2002. There are threads in the FU3 Forum dealing with how to get decent interior depictions for a Baron. Some of the add-on Fly2! aircraft, such as the B747 have been released with only partial interior depictions. Such photos would help everybody.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good point there. It seems to me that the manufacturer's would be delighted to supply them too (no doubt they are somewhere in some sales literature)...with some asking.

Lizardo,The problem with getting photos from manufacturers is that they have different motives. They want to sell airplanes - and rightfully so - but that means their photos are taken through an open door at an odd angle or of a smiling passenger sitting in a plush seat or a close-up of a panel but very little else. The same hold true for the interior photos that often accompany For-Sale aircraft. No, the pictures I am talking about come in sets of six or seven and are deliberately and systematically taken from a pilot's eye perspective with the flightsimming application in mind. That takes a flightsimmer to start with. Perfect examples can be seen with Dreamfleet's airplanes or Geof Applegate's Beechcraft Debonair. It takes someone with access to an airplane - and there are many of those who read this forum, a digital camera, and an inclination to use it for the betterment of the flightsim community. The person need not be a producer of third party add-ons but should be willing to share his or her imagery freely with others.Stan V.