Sign in to follow this  

FS planet stink...

[http://www.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc5d15671f44040.jpg] Ok, so I've gathered that this character Ferdy at FSPlanet.com is stealing peoples files and perhaps selling them on a cd. I'm also sure I don't know the whole story surrounding this issuse either but I have a few questions if any of you care to answer.I think I read somewhere that he uses spyware on his site. I really don't know %$#^ about that end of the PC (I'm a virtual pilot after all) but I do know I don't like the sound of it. My information is mine, and if anyone's going to make money of it by selling it, It better be making it's way to me. I know that's really wishful thinking, but just the thought of opening myself up by downloading FS stuff makes me cringe. So is it true that he uses this "spyware" amd if so, what kind of harm can it do?The next question (and perhaps Tom you may know the answer to this one); I wrote some smoke configs back when FS2K2 was released for the concorde, default 747, etc. Of course they're up at FSplanet and if this guy is gonna sell them in anyway shape or form, it'll have to be over my dead, cold, rotting, carcass. The question is this. I read somewhere ages ago that modifications to the aircraft.cfg file were not recognized as an "authors" work. I mean I know all I did was add this line and that line of text- no real chore, but in a way I did create it. Is it, in fact, my copyrighted material? If so, I do believe I'll ask that they are removed.ThanksCF-AOA