Sign in to follow this  
aomfr

Top of descent paused ?

Hello everybody,Just a small question. When does the pause on top of descent really works. I've enabled it in the pmdg menu and it never paused. Have I something wrong ?Thx for any reply.

Full names in this forum, per the forum rules, please. Are you sure you HAVE a T/D programmed into the computer? The pause triggers off the T/D on the flight plan, which usually requires you to input a STAR or at least points with lower crossing altitudes. Then the computer will calculate T/D. You should see it on the flight plan map. When the plane gets there, it will stop. In other words, it won't just stop because this is when FSX would tell you to descend or because you should descend now, it has to be told your intentions. Also, if you're not running FSX as an admin then sometimes the options you select (like Pause at Top of Descent) may not take. I used to have this problem in the 744 when I first started using the PMDG products.

Pause at TOD occurs approx <30nm from TOD.Enable Pause at TOD in the menu and save the panel state, you should then find it works.You can load panel states, enable Pause and then resave them to make sure it works next time.The TOD is FMC calculated when importing FS generated flight plans so no STAR required, adding a STAR will probably alter the TOD slightly but nothing significant.