Sign in to follow this  
dc9man

Can't Install FS2004 on Windows 7

Hello friends,Since my old PC H.disk has failed after several years of FS9 flyings, I have just purchased a new OCZ 120GB SSD for reinstalling my original FS9 together with a brand New Wİn7 Ultimate x64 OS. At first look everything was perfect include setup and installing add-on sceneries etc. I'm also using FSNAV 4.7.I own full set of Saitek ProFlight Yoke, Ruder pedals and all Saitek panels. It took me long time to setup and calibrate it via FSUIPC.My problems are as follows:1- When starting a new flight at parking position, the engines starts with full speed and flaps. After rotating several times up and down the throttle and flap levers the commands became to normal.2- After connecting to IVAP (IVAO network), I switch too multiplayer via FSNAV menu, it's normally connected but cannot see my plane with green color.So I switch to the "Flights" menu of the FS9 and switch to "Multiplayer" via "zone.com" and connects to it normally then my aircraft icon at FSNAV become this time green as it should be3- After about 45 mins of on-line flight at IVAO network, the game window goes down and a multiplayer disconnection error window appears saying that I have lost multiplayer session and if I want to continue flying, this future will not be possible.Can someone suggest me what's wrong with my system and FS9. Has someone encountered similar problems and how you solved it.Your comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.Hayri

Edited by telev

My problems are as follows:1- When starting a new flight at parking position, the engines starts with full speed and flaps. After rotating several times up and down the throttle and flap levers the commands became to normal.3- After about 45 mins of on-line flight at IVAO network, the game window goes down and a multiplayer disconnection error window appears saying that I have lost multiplayer session and if I want to continue flying, this future will not be possible.Can someone suggest me what's wrong with my system and FS9. Has someone encountered similar problems and how you solved it.1).Setup a "Default flight", using the default Cessna 172, or whatever FS9 uses as the default aircraft: turn off the battery, close the throttle, pull the mixture and then save this as "Default Flight". Once this is done you should find that all aircraft will load in this manner.3). Download this file and place it in the root folder of FS9 (where you will also find FS9.exe).http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/UIAutomationCore.place_in_fsx_root.dllRename it to "UIAutomationCore.dll" (don't include the quote marks). This is a common issue with FSX, and it may be that it affects FS9, too. It's worth a try, as I can't think of anything else that might cause the issue. OK? :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Guys,

this is a recent Win 7 problem, and sorry Jim, but it was introduced by a recent Windows update. the update corrupted the windows installer.

Microsoft put out a fix almost straight away.

Go here; http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/ you will see the solution centre.

go to section number 2 and select : install or upgrade software.

in section 3 scroll down, untill you find the fix: fix problems with programs that can't be installed.

click on the 'run now', button and sit back and let Microsoft fix it for you.

Then try to install FS.

hope this helps,

Ron.