Sign in to follow this  
DenM

Flight Sim on a Mac

Dear All,I am considering moving to a Mac(iMac) as I feel good about Safari Browser, Itunes, Iphones, Documents, mail, etc.The only thing I am not sure is how my Flight Sim 2004 and FX will be? They are saying I can partition part of my harddrive for windows, thus it would be like running on a normal PC. they say!Do any of you have experience FLying with a Mac? Performance? Problems? Concerns?I appreciate any feedback you would have!ThanksDennis

Dear All,I am considering moving to a Mac(iMac) as I feel good about Safari Browser, Itunes, Iphones, Documents, mail, etc.The only thing I am not sure is how my Flight Sim 2004 and FX will be? They are saying I can partition part of my harddrive for windows, thus it would be like running on a normal PC. they say!Do any of you have experience FLying with a Mac? Performance? Problems? Concerns?I appreciate any feedback you would have!ThanksDennis
Dennis:I am doing what you describe now ... works fine.Dave

Hi Dave,Thanks for your feedback!Have you been using the Mac for FS a long time?THus, I am assuming all is well?Any other detail feedback?Thanks again,Dennis

Guest veeray

The only problem with MACs is they don't support the latest and greatest graphics card. They're a little bit behind on that aspect, so if staying ahead of the curve is for you a MAC makes that virtually impossible.

"The only problem with MACs is they don't support the latest and greatest graphics card."

​Not true ... you can get an iMac with a AMD Radeon R9 M295X with 4GB GDDR5 ...seems pretty recent to me.

Dave

"The only problem with MACs is they don't support the latest and greatest graphics card."

​Not true ... you can get an iMac with a AMD Radeon R9 M295X with 4GB GDDR5 ...seems pretty recent to me.

Dave

I have a new iMac and have yet to install Boot Camp. However, having the same video card that you refer to, I am finding the GPU to be limiting in XP. I think it's the "M" prefix (mobile GPU chip) that's the issue. However, it may be possible to get a better driver for it in Windows, I have yet to try this.

Thanks, Bruce.