Sign in to follow this  
Jen

MD-11 Install problem with Win7

I can't get my Aerosoft dvd of the MD-11 to install on my new Win7 computer. I get the following msg: "FSX Version 10.0.61355.0 (Sp1 at least required). You only have FSX Version 10.0.60905.0 installed. Please install FSX Sp1 or later to use this product."Any ideas on what I should do to get this product to install in my Win7 computer?Oh, one other question I have: Why do I have 2 Program Files in my C:/ drive? The first one reads: Program Files. The second one reads: Program Files (x86). This is where my Microsoft FSX file is located. Does this mean anything?jack noulet

Hi Jack,First question means you will need to run the service pack update against FSX. YOu should be able to get this from the Microsoft Site.Secondly, you have a 64-bit OS installed on your pc so therefore you have the following:C:\program files This is for 64-bit applicationsC:\program files(x86) This is for 32-bit applications. FSX is a 32-bit application so will be installed here.Chris

Hi Chris,Since I have " Win 7 " on my new computer should I download Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) which I understand is important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for " Windows XP " ???Regards,jack noulet

I was told by dell support that win7 service pack 1 would solve most of my problems. It was just now released from beta in Oct 2010.....I hope this works.Regards,jack noulet

Jack,You are confusing 2 different things, one is the service pack for fsx which you will need to update. Either download the service pack from the ms website here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a0437942-e3dc-4aa7-85dc-90aae2f0409e for service pack 1http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=204fee1e-f8de-4b21-9a32-5a41a3e27ff0 for service pack 2Or install the acceleration pack that includes it.The other is for Windows which is optional but I tend to run all the updates that come in.

When running Windows 7 you do not need any Windows XP service packs... They are 2 completely different operating systems.