Would someone please help me with my rudder settings in FSX. I can't seem to get them to work properly. What I would like to see are the settings that you must have in the 'Buttons/Keys" and the "Control Axis" settings. In the control axis section I'm showing aileron axis as axis 01 and elevator axis as axis 02 and rudder axis as axis 03. What should my settings be in both the 'buttons/keys' section and also what settings should they be in the 'Control Axis' area? I guess what I need is a guide on how to do both the rudders and the yoke. Can anyone help me in this regard?jen

Can anybody share their settings in these areas?Regards,jen

What brand of rudder pedals are you using. I think my CH rudder pedals show up like this in the 'Control Axis' section:A axis is the left brake with 'reverse' checkedB axis is the right brake with 'reverse' checkedZ axis is the rudder inputBut let me double check.As far as I know, there are no 'button' or 'keys' settings and I'll have to go back into FSX and see what my sensitivities are set to. I'll go fire up the sim and take a look for you and post back. <_<

Ah..I've got the Saitek rudder pedals with toe brakes and I'm not sure what those settings are either for the toe brakes!!Regards,jen

The toe brakes are probably still an AXIS function because that allows for differential brake application pressures, depending on which brake you press and how far you depress those brakes. I'm betting that the left toe brake is the A axis and the right toe brake is the Y axis for all types of rudder pedals. First, make sure your controller is calibrated, either through Windows or some Saitek program, then go into the controller screen in FSX, then select the 'controller axis' tab. Make sure your controller is selected in the pull down menu before you set things. Then click on the left toe brake line and then the 'change assignment' button. When the little window comes up, just press the left toe brake to set. Repeat for the right toe brake. Also make sure you check the 'reverse' box and make sure it sticks. I've had those check marks disappear sometimes. Make sure you don't move the Z or swivel axis just yet when setting the brakes. After you set the toe brakes, then go down to the rudder axis line, select it and click on 'change assignment' again. Then move the Z axis or swivel part of your controller and that should be selected as well.If that works for you, then you need to set 'sensitivities' in the calibration tab. Also make sure the rudder pedals are selected in the pull down menu. I ended up setting all three axis sensitivities all the way to the right. With the 'null zone', I had to set it about 1/3 of the way to the right for my brakes because of some sloppy analog pots that kept sending out spurious noise which kept the brake warning flag on. You can set the rudder 'null zone' a lot less for better control. Hope this helps. If I'm wrong, may a Saitek owner please come forward. ^_^

Ah thanks for the great info on setting up the rudder pedals. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I get home.Regards,jen