Sign in to follow this  
Petey

Feelthere Caravan repaint

Hi! I'm new to rapainting aircraft but i wanted to have a try on the feelthere C208B Grand Caravan.I'm painting with GIMP 2.6, it's some kind of freeware photoshop ( really awesome).Now i've painted the caravan but the textures appear blurry on FS.Only when i zoom and unzoom again i get a sharp paint.Could anyone give me the cause of this issue?Here's an example of the paint.165637_494299053116_789963116_5975151_7239042_n.jpgThanks in advance!!

First of all great job on the paint.Make sure that under DXT.bmp the to boxes (mipmap etc) are unchecked before saving also try saving in 32 bit 8-8-8

First of all great job on the paint.Make sure that under DXT.bmp the to boxes (mipmap etc) are unchecked before saving also try saving in 32 bit 8-8-8
Thanks for the quick response!I've searched my computer for a DXT.bmp file but i couldn not find one.To save the textures i do as following:1. Menu -> save as2. exterrior_T3. Merge all visible layers4. click "export"5. [+] Advanced settings6. 32 bits A8 R8 G8 B87. savefor 32 bit i can also chose for X8 R8 G8 B8 but than the textures are all messed up in FS.When i do the steps described as above the blur appears, not in the aircraft viewer but when the aircraft is loaded and visiualised in spotplane view. (FS2004).

Have you tried looking in the painting F(requently) A(sked) Q(uestions) made by Leen de Jager : http://forum.avsim.n...-painting-faqs/Answer 2 and 7It;s a hard topic to miss being at the top of the list , and apparently a waste of Leen's time making it to help starting painters instead of the same questions ( and answers ) filling up the forum as your question has been made too many times to mention .Apart from that your paint looks okay but a close up of the aircraft in a larger format ( the maximum size for screenshots can also be found here on the forum ) would be more helpful .John

Thanks for the help buddy. I've completed the paint now.So here it is,167716_10150093126758117_789963116_6146185_5365980_n.jpg