Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigpom

Unable to adjust screen size

Guest bigpom

I run FSX on my computer and have recently bought a LG 2253TQ Flat screen. When I run it at 1920*1080 resolutions, it runs fine except the writing is smaller than I'd like.If I reduce the resolution, the screen size gets narrower and if I go to 800*600 the botom section of the window dissapears. I got the idea from somewhere that if I clicked on Full Screen that would solve the shrinking screen problem. Could some one please assist.Running Win7,GT9500 video card ,4 MB ram,160GB hdd,and a dual core amd processor...........Regards............Bigpom

Hi Bigpom,I'm just upgrading to a 24inch monitor myself. I've had the same thing and it appears you have to run FSX at the resolution for your monitor, when in full screen. Your right the writing is smaller, but you have more image in on the screen, and more detail. Also the view won't be distorted, like it will, if you set the resolution at anything other setting. This only works full screen, in window's mode you will have distorted gauges etc, because the window isn't at the correct size for the resolution.Hope this helps, if you haven't already sorted the problem.Cheers Dave.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

leave the 1920x1080 resolution.To make the text on your screen larger or smaller

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
  2. Choose one of the following:
    • Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.
    • Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.
    • Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.

[*]Click Apply.This will increase the size of taskbar and fonts while keeping the res.Ron.:rolleyes: